Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Before Denali: 6 days to Anchorage

Got my stuff together in one pile, printed up the gear list, then went to town. First I looked all the clothes, and tried them on again in layers to verify it would all work out well. Got real hot doing it too ...

This is the base layer. Underarmor under First Ascent pants and a Patagonia Capilene 2 zip top.

This is the next layer, a Mountain Hardwear hard-face fleece zip hoodie, and Montbell Softshell pants.

This is the First Ascent wind jacket.

Over this is The North Face primaloft hooded jacket.

And finally, a Montbell summit down parka, and a pair of Smith OTG goggles.

I got all the pointy bits together in a pile, my backpack, and my large sled duffle. I have a little laundry to do, then I'll pack it all up tomorrow and Thursday.


Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I think some sort of foot covering should be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahaha - and hands - guess I'll show that later ...

    ReplyDelete