Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Personal Record on Quandary - Fast Ascent and Descent

On Monday, June 25 I went to the Quandary trailhead and boogied up in 1:33, hung out for about ten minutes to eat, drink and take pics, then down in 1:26. It was freaking amazing and I feel great about it. I was wearing my Fuji Racers, and they did really good in all the terrain I was on.

If I were training for Elbrus Race again, I'd call this a really good training session.

My Google Earth KMZ file for this run:

Correction: I have discovered that although the fastest ascent time previously was 1:35, which doesn't affect this 1:33 ascent, my fastest previous descent time was 1:10, so this is not a descent record.
I did stop a few times to talk to people on the way down, but admittedly not 16 minutes worth, so alas, I'll have to work harder next time.



Above is the elevation profile for this run from Google Earth. I have a few other thoughts, a map, and a photo at my other Blog Here

No comments:

Post a Comment